BROWZ Performance Evaluations: How Post-Job Evaluations Change the Contractor Management Process
Feb 19, 2019
Post-job evaluation is not only a step in The Contractor Lifecycle created by The Campbell Institute, but is also one of the best tools’ companies can use to improve business decisions and continually place safety at the forefront.
BROWZ Performance Evaluations make it easy to evaluate contractors, facilitating communication between multiple sites and locations. These post-job evaluations result in consistently hiring the best contractor for the job, and ensuring that procurement and safety teams have relevant, helpful information at their fingertips when evaluating contractors.
How BROWZ Performance Evaluations Work
Performance evaluations can be used to evaluate your suppliers work on a project-by-project or site-by-site basis. These evaluations can be logged during or upon conclusion of a project or contract. A supplier’s overall compliance rating can also be affected by the quality of their evaluations. This way a supplier’s compliance status is not only based on their ability to comply with your standards, but on the quality of their performance. This allows you to consistently hire the best suppliers for any given job.
Some of the features of BROWZ Performance Evaluations are:
- Evaluation questions and ratings based upon your corporate standards.
- A multi-discipline evaluation may include criteria in areas such as EH&S,
- Quality, Pricing, Schedule, Delivery, etc.
- The ratings or responses may impact the supplier’s compliance status. Suppliers that receive unacceptable ratings based on past performance can be flagged non-compliant.
- Evaluations are controlled by user privileges. You select which users to give the appropriate permissions to conduct evaluations.
- A supplier can have unlimited evaluations based upon projects, frequencies, contracts, etc. There is no limitation to the number of evaluations a contractor may receive.
Large Energy Company Uses BROWZ Performance Evaluations
It’s no secret that evaluating contractors post-job performance is a business imperative. One of the largest energy producers in the Southeast United States began using BROWZ for contractor prequalification services in 2016 and has since used BROWZ Performance Evaluations to track and continually hire effective contractors over time.
The company’s Supply Chain Department oversees contractors and suppliers and places a strong emphasis on hiring effective and high-performing contractors while fostering an effective safety culture within the company.
The third parties they hire must be able to deliver high-quality work while keeping safety at the forefront. To achieve this, they use BROWZ SureQualify™ and BROWZ Performance Evaluations to review the job performance of contractors and improve communication between site locations.
“Using BROWZ for contractor prequalification has put a high emphasis on safety. By implementing BROWZ and consistently conducting Performance Evaluations, our contractors see that we are serious about contractor safety,” stated the director of the Supply Chain Department.
The senior contract agent for the Supply Chain Department added, “Performance Evaluations give us a platform to ensure that we are consistently hiring the best contractor for the job. All contractors are measured against the same standard; we now have additional feedback that helps us in our business decisions.”
To read more about how one company uses BROWZ Performance Evaluations to continually hire better qualified contractors, download this case study.
- supply chain management
- contractor safety
- risk mitigation
- contractor pre qualification
- safety compliance
- contractor management
- supply chain management
- Supplier Management
- corporate social responsibility
- risk management
- safety statistics
- compliance management
- 2018 OSHA’s Top 10 Most Cited Violations Part 2
- BROWZ Performance Evaluations: How Post-Job Evaluations Change the Contractor Management Process
- 4 Ways to Strike the Best Deal with Contractors
- Do I Need a Contractor Verification System?
- The Cost of Contractor Verification, and How the BROWZ ROI Calculator Can Help
- The Value of Continuous Support in Building a Prequalification Program
- 7 Reasons You Should Use BROWZ Performance Evaluations
- 2018 OSHA’s Top 10 Most Cited Violations - Part 1
- New BROWZ Membership Benefit: Discounted Rates on Avis and Budget Vehicle Rentals
- Why It's Essential to Mitigate Supply Chain Risk