Pharmaceutical manufacturing regulations may change following election
The re-election of President Barack Obama has the potential to drive significant regulatory changes in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
New OSHA hazard communication standard approaching
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration frequently releases new standards for employers and workers in order to keep employees safe on the job.
Fire at ExxonMobil refinery highlights need for safety compliance
A recent fire at ExxonMobil's refinery and chemical complex in Baytown, Texas, highlighted the need for companies to ensure their operations follow safety guidelines.
Plant explosion brings safety questions, supply chain disruptions
When contractors fail to maintain safety protocols, their own employees as well as their clients can be seriously impacted. A recent explosion in a Japanese chemical plant - which manufactured a key ingredient for diaper production - has resulted in one death, at least 30 injuries, and a potential shortage in the world diaper supply.
MSHA issues PPOV letters
The Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) recently announced that it has put several mining operators on-notice in regard to potential patterns of violations (PPOV) that deal with health and safety standards.
Top 10 OSHA violations announced
While most companies strive to ensure workers are safe while on the job, some do fall short of requirements and fail to adequately protect employees.
Federal regulatory agendas announced
In late December, federal agencies were required to release their regulatory agendas for the coming year.
New "conflict mineral" law could cause compliance issue
A large number of companies could face challenges with supplier compliance when a new law regarding the sourcing of conflict minerals takes effect.
EPA chief resigns
Environmental Protection Agency head Lisa Jackson recently announced her resignation from the body.
November 2012 impact inspection results unveiled
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) recently announced the results of its November impact inspections.
- supply chain management
- risk mitigation
- contractor safety
- safety compliance
- safety statistics
- contractor management
- contractor pre qualification
- compliance management
- supply chain management
- risk management
- corporate social responsibility
- Supplier Management
- 4 Ways to Strike the Best Deal with Contractors
- Do I Need a Contractor Verification System?
- The Cost of Contractor Verification, and How the BROWZ ROI Calculator Can Help
- The Value of Continuous Support in Building a Prequalification Program
- Why It's Essential to Mitigate Supply Chain Risk
- Celebrate National Safety Month: 8 Safety Steps You Can Take in June
- Companies of Every Size Must Ensure OSHA Compliance
- Supply Chain Management: Three Reasons Why All Companies Need It
- 3 BROWZ Webinars Highlight Crucial Steps for Contractor Management Success
- Why CSR Matters in Mining